Aleksandar Veselinović MD PhDSpecialist in Ophthalmology
Permanently employed at the Eye Clinic of Nis since 17.06.2007. He started his residency in Ophthalmology on 28.04.2014 and passed his Specialist exam on 19.06.2014 with the highest grade – ten (10) and acquired the title of Specialist in Ophthalmology.
He began his Doctoral studies at the Faculty of Medicine in Nis in October 2010. He is currently developing his doctoral dissertation.
In academic year 2011/2012 he was engaged as a Volunteer Assistant at the Faculty of Medicine in Nis at the course Ophthalmology. He was involved in lecturing at the practical work exercises of medical students. He is currently engaged in vitroretinal surgery, injured eye surgery, cataract surgery, OCT diagnosis, treatment and diagnosis of senile degeneration rusty (AMD) and retinal laser photocoagulation procedure.
- He attended theoretical lessons on the application of ultrasound in diagnosis – ophthalmology, from 18 to 22 June 2010 in Belgrade. He spent two months at the Institute for Eye Diseases “Prof. Dr. Djordje Nesic” of the Clinical Center of Serbia in Belgrade at the practical training of ultrasound diagnosis of eye and orbit under the mentors Prof. Ivan Stefanovic MD PhD and Smiljka Djuric.
- He received a scholarship of the German Association of Ophthalmologists (DOG). As a scholar he spent 2 weeks in October 2011 at the training at the University Clinic in Berlin (University Hospital Charite – Clinic for Ophthalmology, Berlin, Germany) under the mentor Prof. Antonia Joussen MD PhD.
- In the period from November 2012 to February 2013 he resided at the Institute of Eye Diseases of Clinical Centre in Serbia, Belgrade, at the study training in vitreoretinal surgery, Department of Vitreoretinal Surgery and Eye Traumatology, under the supervision of Prof. Ivan Stefanovic MD PhD. He won the scholarship of Austrian-American Foundation (AAF) and attended a seminar of medicine on Ophthalmology in Salzburg from 7-13 April 2013. (Salzburg Medical Seminars, Open Medical Institute stipend)
- As a scholar of the European Society of Ophthalmologists (SOE), he spent 5 weeks in November and December 2013 at the Department of Ophthalmology (Fundation Oftalmologic de Mediterraneo FOM), Valencia, Spain, also at the department of vitreoretinal surgery and retinal disease, under the supervision of Prof. Navarro Ampe MD PhD and Prof. Maria Carmen Desco Esteban MD PhD.
- International School of Vitreoretinal Surgery; The 5th Thessaloniki Vitreo-Retinal Summer School, June 22 to 27, 2015 – Thessaloniki, Greece, Prof. Athanasios Nikolakopoulos MD PhD – received scholarship Euretina (European Association for Diseases of Retina), education in the duration of 4 weeks (from 5 October- 28 October 2015) The Department of Optometry and Ophthalmology of the Medical University Vienna, hospital director Prof. Ursula Schmidt-Erfurth MD PhD / Supervisor Univ. Prof. Michael Georgopoulos MD PhD.
- Professional training in the field of vitroretinal surgery – April 2016 at the ophthalmology clinic of the University UZ Leuven | Campus Sint-Rafael / Belgium, under the supervision of Prof. Peter Stalmans MD PhD
- Co-author of the monograph “Neuritis Optic Nerve” Prof. Dragan Veselinovic MD PhD, Aleksandar Veselinovic MD PhD, Marija Cvetanovic MD, Nis, December 2015.
A member of the Serbian Medical Chamber, Serbian Medical Society, Serbian Association of Ophthalmologists, the European Association of Ophthalmologists (SOE), the European Society of Cataract in Refractive Surgery (ESCRS), as well as the European Association for Vitreoretinal Surgery (EVRS).
The Vice-President and member of the Youth Association of Ophthalmologists of Serbia (UMOS).
He participated in numerous SOE Congress (European Association of Ophthalmologists – Geneva 2011), the Congress of the ESCRS (European Society of Surgeons of cataract and refractive surgery – Stockholm 2007, Berlin 2008, Barcelona 2009, Milano 2012), the Congress of the Association of Ophthalmologists of Serbia (Zlatibor 2008, Subotica 2010, Aranđelovac 2011, Belgrade 2012, Zlatibor 2013, Novi Sad 2014), scientific congresses and symposiums of ophthalmic section SLD.